Thursday, January 24, 2008

Practice News Story 2: Fire

Scary Fire in Ogden


At about 2 PM yesterday afternoon a fire broke out at Pedro’s Mexican Restaurant in Ogden, UT on the corner of 21st St and Washington Blvd. Deputy Fire Chief Greg Chamberlain was one of the first ones on the scene, he arrived on the scene at about 2:07 PM and said the firs had spread very quickly by then. The fire started in a restaurant, Pedro’s Mexican Restaurant, which is located below a two story appartment complex. The owner of the restaurant lives in the apartments upstairs. Pedro Sanchez, who is the owner of the restaurant that was burned was frightened when he saw that the fire had started. He said, “I was cooking burgers for my customer, when I saw the grease fire start. I was very scared and ran out and asked my customer, Michael so call the fire department.” Luckily everybody escaped the fire safely. Rachel Calhoun, the owner of the apartment complex had no comment when asked about the fire.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt! This one was tough, I felt like we barely had any time! The main thing I would suggest is start new paragraphs with new thoughts. Try to keep some fluidity going I guess. Haha, I don't know if that makes sense. But good work! Have a good day :)