Thursday, January 17, 2008

Practice news story 1: Accident

Utah State Van Crash on Field Trip

A Utah State University Van carrying 10 students from the Agricultural Department crashed while on its way back from Greenline Implimants in Tremonton. Kyle Holden, a man who works at Greenline Implimants was traveling in another van while this accident happened. Kyle Holden told reporters what he saw before the accident, “I was driving, and my van was set on cruise control at about 79 MPH when I started to pass the Van. I made eye contact with Evan(driver of the van that crashed), then I saw smoke, and from then I knew something was wrong” Kyle saw the van swerve from the fast lane to slow lane, and then saw the van start to roll. Police arrived on the scene within 10 minutes. Lt. Jason Jensen said that he arrived before dispatch had even called him. Him and his partner were just out patrolling when they came up on the accident. Jensen said, “in my best guess, I would say the van was going anywhere between 95-100 miles per hour when the accident occurred, and in my 15 years experience, when all the people come out of the van there was probably no seat belts being worn” This Field trip was during the Utah State Agricultural week, and the dean of agriculture said that, “it is a very sad accident to see this happen to an agricultural school during agricultural week, the rest of the agricultural events will be cancelled for this week”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt, wow I really enjoyed your story. After reading yours I feel like mine was a piece of crap! I especially loved how much detail you had with all the quotes from the people. It looked like it wasn't all the way done, but I think that was because you ran out of time. Anyway, great job!

Cody Littlewood said...

The quotes in the story were dramatic and added to the story. There were a few grammatical errors, but all and all I think the reader would be able to get all the important details and facts in an interesting way. Good job man. Cody