Sunday, November 23, 2008

What's with the Hype?

So who has not heard about this new movie that came out over the weekend, Twilight? Wow, is it ever a huge huge hit among students everywhere in this nation. According to Fandango.com there is being one movie ticket sold every five seconds for this movie, ohh and lets forget that is even before the movie actually came out. That was just tickets that were being sold prior to the movie actually coming out. I have a friend that read this book, and so did eight of her friends, and they all bought tickets for the midnight showing of this movie two weeks early so that they could watch it as soon as it comes out. That sounds a bit ridiculous to me. This movie takes place in a town called Forks, Washington, and because I live there, I have been to this town, and I must tell you that it is the armpit of the world. Because of this movie and book, the town of Forks is getting tons of publicity and also lots of tourism. What a blessing for the town of Forks, because without this movie there would certainly be no tourist.

1 comments:

Joshua Rosen said...

I also have a friend that is from Washington near by. She told me the very same thing about Forks. Nothing is there, and nothing ever will be there. However girls ferver for the Cullen family will always live on in Forks!

Hahaha