Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jonas Brothers to sing in Big D

Ok, so when you think of the band "The Jonas Brothers" what do you think? Does the word over rated come to mind? I dont know about you, but it is a crying shame that this band even makes enough money to keep putting out albums. I personally have never even heard of them until I was forced to watch this years MTV music awards. That band is a mixture of the Backstreet Boys and Hanson. They are a way for 12 year old girls to spend their parents money, its just not write. Now, the reason I write about these guys is because they are singing at the traditional halftime show for the Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving day football game. This Halftime show for the past 11 years has been the kickoff, no pun intended, for the Red Kettle Christmas campaign. This campaign in those 11 years has raised over a billion dollars for the Army to help serve 30 million people a year. This is certainly a noble cause, and one that I would personally love to be a part of, but the Jonas Brothers? Really? They just do not do it for me no matter what the charity. I'm pretty positive that I will be watching that football game because I am a sports fan. But if there is something else interesting to watch then I will certainly be watching that rather than the Jonas Brothers. Maybe the moms of this country will be hit by this performance and sell there mini vans in order to raise 8 thousand dollars for this important charity.

0 comments: