Saturday, October 4, 2008

Is Hooters really worth it??

Hooters celebrates its 25th anniversary today on October 4th. Hooters started in a little town called Clearwater, Florida in 1983. When Hooters was started, it was a little restaurant where customers could go in and look at the Hooters girls while they eat their food. Hooters girls would wear short shorts, and low cut shirts. This restaurant evolved, and now in most of the Hooters restaurants around the world they have a full bar, and lots of televisions where most people will watch sports games as well as the waitresses. When I was younger and had never been to Hooters, people would talk about it like it was the greatest thing in the world since sliced bread. So naturally I wanted to go check it out. Ive been a few times now, and I must say that I dont think Ive ever been to a restaurant that was more over hyped than Hooters. I mean yes, there is some fairly decent looking girls, but in my opinion its a little degrading. I can see girls like that anywhere, especially at school there are some beautiful girls. And in my humble opinion, the food is way over rated. I'm not one to love spicy food, and I guess they're known for their spicy wings. But even the other food in not that good, and way over priced. A burger and fries cost you a good eleven or twelve bucks without a drink, and in my opinion you pay for the mush over rated atmosphere. It just goes to show how consumer driven the United States is. They will pay way more that a burger of some wings are worth just to see a few girls in some skimpy outfits. Its ridiculous. All of that aside though, congratulations to Hooters for making this a successful business for 25 years now. I'm not a fan myself, but they have made some great profits for their business. Kudo's to Hooters on their success.

0 comments: