Thursday, April 17, 2008

Practice News Story 11: Accident

TREMONTON-Utah, April 17th, 2008, 11 p.m.



Devastating Crash Outside of Tremonton

Earlier today at around 4 p.m. a van carrying 10 Utah State students, and one instructor swerved off of Interstate 84, killing 7 people. Highway Patrol Officer Jason Jensen said, "We got there shortly after 4, and saw the van sitting on its wheels with bodies lying on the ground that had been flung out of the van while it was rolling." Jensen also said that he thinks the van was probably traveling somewhere between 95-100 MPH.

Kyle Holden, a witness that was traveling with the van on this field trip explained the scene like this, "The driver side real tire had exploded, Evan lost control and swerved off the freeway, and then the van rolled several times." Evan said that van was traveling no faster that 80 MPH.

The Dean of the College of Agriculture, Noel Crockett described thses students as one of the best group of students to come through here in a long time. "These students had lots of potential and it is a sad sad day here on campus."

4 comments:

Amy Lyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Lyn said...

Matt-
Good work on this PNS, it has a nice flow. I like the order in which you presented the information. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the comment on my article. Good job with yours. It is short, but contains the needed information. I can't remember how many people were confirmed dead though. Oh well I don't want to go check my blog or other blogs to find out. haha I just decided to check my blog to see if anybody commented on my article, and since you mentioned sports I thought I would write back and say that the Jazz have the second-best record in since the turn of the calender (Jan 1, 2008)- only seccond to the Rockets. So basically the two hottest teams in the league over the last three-and-a-half months are meeting in the first round. That's OK though. If we do win, we will have a heck of a time dealing with the Lakers. I'm just hoping that Bynum and Gasol won't mesh well in the post when Bynum gets back- after all, they haven't played together yet. So are you from Seattle? How do you feel about them leaving? I think that's too bad. When I was in Seattle eight years ago I saw Key Arena and thought it was a nice arena. Anyway I guess we can talk on Tuesday. Later

Regan said...

Great work! Flows nicely, great transitions! :)